Jess Kitchen offers these simple steps below on how to prepare yam balls
- Boiled Yam
- Grated/ chopped onion
- Plain flour
- Corned beef
- Butter/ Margarine
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning cube
- Chilli powder
- Bread crumbs
- Dried thyme
- Mash the boiled yam and add the onion.
- Add the butter,corned beef and mix
- Add the spices(seasoning cube,chili powder,dried thyme and salt)
- Then add the egg yolk and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the mixture into balls or any preferred shape in the flour
- Spread flour on a rolling board(roll the yam balls on it)
- Beat the egg white in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the yam balls in the egg white and bread crumbs(coat evenly)
- Fry until golden brown and drain the balls on a kitchen paper/tissue.
- Serve with any sauce or any preferred meal.