President of the republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo, has sent his Easter message to Ghanaians in what has been seen as a call on Ghanaians to adopt a patriotic spirit.
This was a message the president issued just hours after his 74th birthday celebration which was marked in the midst of close friends and political allies.
Here are highlights of Nana Addo’s Easter message to Ghanaians:
1. Easter reminds us of our responsibility to God.
2. We need to recommit ourselves follow Jesus’s examples.
3. Our nation is on the right path.
4. We are committed to respecting human rights and liberties.
5. We are determined to free our mindsets from aid and handouts.
6. We are building a Ghana Beyond Aid.
7. Let us celebrate Easter knowing there is hope for Ghana.
8. With God’s guidance, we can transform the nation.
The Easter festivity in Ghana is mostly celebrated across the country with large Christian conventions and celebrations. Millions of Christians across the country use this moment as a special renewal of their faith in Jesus Christ.
Meanwhile other festivities like the Kwahu Paragliding event which attracts thousands of revelers to the township of Kwahu in the Eastern region.