No skin care product should cause burning or stinging to your skin, whether it’s a cleanser, lotion, or mask; if your skin feels like it’s on fire, do not suffer in the name of beauty wash it off because this reaction is your skin’s defense mechanism to shield itself from the offending ingredient.
You’re either allergic to something in the product or your skin is simply too sensitive for whatever it contains. Below are signs your skin care products are bad for your skin
1. You get a rash from the product or blisters:
“It’s always tempting to sample a product with the most eye-catching packaging or one that you have read about but just because it works for one person doesn’t mean it’s a universal wonder”.
2. You experience any sudden tan pigmentation:
“If you notice freckles, brown spots, or a sunburn on your skin, you’re most likely not using a strong enough sunscreen but if you notice pigmentation changes, particularly on the cheekbones, after applying a new product for a few days to a week, this can be a rare allergic reaction to certain ingredients that cause actual lightening of brown spots”.
3. You experience excessive dryness, flaking, and peeling.
4. Intense burning or stinging when using a product for the first time
5. You experience a slight burning or stinging when using a product you’ve used before.
6. Your skin is red and irritated after using a skin care product.
7. Your skin is more oily than usual after using a new product.