Media Personality, Kwasi Kyei Darkwa (KKD) has some tips on how to be successful and live a happy life.
His Royal Blackness as he is popularly called emphasized on how to effectively manage your time and have time for family and friends.
1. Anyone who wants to live with some modicum of dignity, fulfillment, and success must use their 24 hours each day wisely:
8 for work
8 for rest
8 for family and a loyal friend or two, personal hygiene and personal development.
2. If the pay rate is low due to lower expertise, one has to increase the hours for work and lose some in the other sections whilst acquiring new skills to upgrade so the new may replace the old. Case in point is a waiter/waitress, cleaner, messenger, porter, cook, receptionist or security guard as compared with a tailor/dressmaker, nurse, chef, sportsman, accountant, investment banker, doctor or director.
3. To live well, each one must cultivate a habit of study and training for a vocation or profession coupled with honest, hard work for every penny through youth.
4. Loitering and laziness invariably lead to thievery and prostitution.
5. You can’t enjoy the harvest if you did not sow: But if you do, you will soon learn that any comforts and luxuries you get that you have not worked for are entrapment for which you will suffer later. Nothing in life is free.
6. A culture of learning, self-motivation and hard work leads people to honesty, dignity, self-fulfillment, and happiness.”