Fire kills JHS student at Dome Perfect area, near Kwabenya in Accra.
The student, Juliana Awotwi was sleeping in a kiosk when it caught fire last Sunday dawn.
Residents said they suspect that the fire occurred following a lighted candle.
The father of the deceased, Emmanuel Awotwi, told the Daily Guide newspaper that he left his daughter Saturday evening for work as a security personnel.
His daughter, however, lighted a candle inside the wooden structure as there was no electricity supply in the area.
He said that in the early hours of Sunday, he was told that fire had engulfed his home and immediately rushed to the scene and found his daughter burnt beyond recognition.
The charred body of Juliana has since been taken to the Police Hospital for preservation and autopsy.
The Ghana Fire Service has launched investigations into the incident.